Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Squash

Hot on the heels of gym is squash. I hadn't played this for years, since schooldays really, until it became apparent that my friend, another David, had a court in his apartment block here in Bangkok. We've been playing every two weeks or so, and it's been a good workout. David edged me 4:3 this evening but I think I'm ahead overall. I used to play a fair bit in my teens and remember quite clearly buying my first raquet, a wooden Sondico for £5.60. Afterwards we walked down Soi 31, past the Prime Minister's house with its half-hearted security cordon, and along to the Robin Hood pub for our usual two pints, fish & chips and a game of pool. Talked half-term holidays, China and i-Phones. Not much different from a night out with a mate in London really.

No comments:

Post a Comment