Monday, February 14, 2011

No Valentines

Today I have been surrounded by women, from dawn till way past dusk, but sadly no Valentines cards appeared under my door or found their way into my bag during an otherwise interesting day in grey Chengdu. In the morning four women plus moi thrashed out UK Now festival issues in a cavernous teahouse, while in the afternoon we were joined by the entire, mostly female, China arts team for a session at Sichuan Museum and a networking event in a British-run bookstore, the guests at which were mostly women. It’s funny how most arts managers are female. I remember when I did my Arts Management MA at City University and I was one of only two blokes in a class of twenty. Nice to get back to the hotel to find two bars of chocolate which my true Valentine had secreted into my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment