Monday, March 21, 2011

Across the rooftops

The first of five days in British Council HQ, tucked away between Trafalgar Square and Admiralty Arch. Past the smiling guards and through the electronic door-pods which look for all the world like Star Trek transporters. Then into the two tiny lifts wondering who I'll bump into this time from days of yore, and install myself at a hotdesk the PC of which takes 20 mins to load up. From the south-facing windows I can see across Whitehall and St James's Park. It really is a wonderful location.

Rendezvous with Julie in the evening in yesterday's pub: a couple of years since we last caught up so lots to talk about over fish & chips. She leaves the batter. Am just about to show her some photos on my camera when I realise I must have left it in the office. The smiling guards let me in and it's still there, sitting on the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment