Monday, March 5, 2012

Magazines

You can't buy imported western magazines in China. We could in Japan, we could in Thailand (well Bangkok), but not here. So I'm reliant on subscriptions and the diplomatic bag which bring me, once a month if I'm lucky, Sight & Sound, The Wire and Record Collector.
There are a few art magazines like LEAP in Chinese & English, and there are (separate) Chinese and English editions of Time Out. And of course you can buy completely Chinese versions of most of the fashion glossies like Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar etc - if you can read Mandarin... There's talk of Q Magazine starting up here, but so far it's just talk. 

2 comments:

  1. Was about to organise my own Wire subscription but now realise I will have my second hand connection back...happy days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. But only if you return the favour by subscribing to Mojo.

    ReplyDelete