Friday, July 3, 2015

Outward Bound

A fortnight after our senior management Lego escapade, we had an all-office team-building day out in the hills west of the city. To the best of my knowledge, in all my time at the British Council, this was the first time I've taken part in an outward-bound type event. 
It was kind of fun, slightly competitive, slightly taking the piss. We had to split into ten groups of ten and tackle around ten tasks in the middle of a rather muddy football pitch. You know, stuff that requires listening, communication, decision-making. But for me it was less about that and more about getting to know colleagues, many of whom I didn't know by name. 
Was it any different, Mexican style?  Probably not, though I had to concentrate hard as it was all in Spanish. There were no winners or losers, but I was dog-tired by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment