Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A New Chapter

Day One of being in charge. As from today, and for the following six months or so, I am Acting Director, British Council Mexico. On the one hand it feels totally natural: I've been here for 16 months and know the operation and most people pretty well. On the other hand, it's quite a responsibility, covering everything: the teaching and exams business, education, arts, HR, finance, all the representational stuff and dealing with the Americas and London.  But it's a great opportunity to see if I like - and can be any good at - being a Country Director . 
First thing's first. Move from the 'UKMX hub' on the 3rd floor down to the 2nd floor. Need to make myself more visible and get to know the parts of the operation which up until now I've not had to engage with so much. 
Life is full of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment